STOMACH IN CHEST

My question is for my 76 yr old mother.  Her doctor told her that ALL of her stomach was in her chest.  I don't know how serious this is, or what can be done.  She has bad Acid Reflux attacks, and the doctor wants her to take over the counter Prilosec instead of Nexium.  The doctor does has not recommended surgury, only for her to eat small meals.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

Ths suggestion of small meals in addition to meds for the GERD is a good one, but there are other tips that may also help.

May I ask what caused the stomach to herniate into the chest? Did she have a proceedure done?

We do have Health Pages here with info on foods to avoid and lifestyle changes that could be of help. There is an icon top right of this page or u can use the link in the welcome message again at the top of this page.

Please continue to post ur concerns and share ur experiences with us.

"selma"