GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

Severe Heart burn????

Iv'e been having severe chest pressure pain beetween my throat down to the middle of my chest when I eat,drink or swallow. Iv'e taken Aciphex and It hasn't worked! The pressure in my chest hurts really bad when i eat like theres a big block of wood in the middle of my chest, and sometimes it hurts enough to where I could cry!!!!! I also tried taking Zantac and it again did not work! the pain\pressure gets worse everyday. it ownt go away. What might I have?????????????????
Hi and welcome to the forum.
U did not mention how long u took the meds for. And it does take awhile for the meds to bcome effective.

In addition to the meds u also have to follow tips on lifestyle changes and foods to avoid.

Have u been to a GI dr?...if not please see one to get the proper meds and dosage.

May I ask r u also having IBS issues at the same time as ur severe chest pain? How about stress...r u under alot of stress?

Please see our Health Pages here on MedHelp and read Safe foods for gerd and see the tips on how  to lessen acid production. IE: elevate ur bed ect....

please keep us posted on ur progress
"selma"
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem