GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

Spitting blood, from throat? Do i have Gerd?

Last month I began to spit up (no coughing) a little bit of blood when I wake up in the morning. I went to the doctor and got an xray and my lungs were fine. My doctor thinks the blood probably came from my mouth. Since then, I sometimes do spit up some blood when I wake up in the morning, and i find it especially after lying down on the bed for a long period of time. However, it stopped for a while.
This week, I felt that my throat has been swelling after I woke up and spat some blood. I was very alarmed seeing blood again and the swelling of the throat is new to me. I went to see the doctor again, and she has suggested me to see a ENT doctor which I have booked an appointment with.  could this and the spitting of blood be from acid reflux?
Hi..it is possible that u have a sinus issue and the ENT is the next best place to go....if not.....u will need more testing to see.

I am not a dr so I can not tell u one way or the other....but if u have a good ENT dr I am sure u will find out what is going on.

Please post an update on ur progress.

"selma"
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem