GERD (Acid Reflux) Forum

Stomach Pain

I have had 2 attacks in last 2 months. I have severe stomach pain that includes severe pain under my shoulder blades (still in the center of my back). I feel like I'm going to pass out, I can hardly speak. I lay down on my left side for some relief. I take a lot of Mylanta which relieves the pressure (lots of burping!!). Eventually, I take extra strength Tylenol for the pain. I break out in a complete sweat and it takes me a full day to recover. The first attack I had 2 slices of toast the attack lasted 5 hours. The next attack I didn't have anything to eat for a couple of hours, it lasted 2 hours. My doctor gave me an upper abdomen ultrasound and said everything is normal. He said I have acid reflux. I had acid reflux after having my kids and it doesn't seem like the same thing? Can you give me any insight into what I'm experiencing? Also, my doctor scheduled a lower abdomen ultrasound next week.
Peptic ulcer disease and pancreatitis are the possibilities.
An upper GI endoscopy and CT scan of the abdomen may be done for evaluation.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem