MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Sudden onset LPR

I had a piece of food lodged in the back of my throat for about 10 days.  Had excessive coughing the whole time  and finally was able to get it out.  I went to ENT on day 15 and he didn't see anything but diagnosed me with LPR because I said I had pieces of that food still coming up and a tickle in my throat and chest when breathing.  Prescribed omeprazole 40 mg twice a day.  It has been 2 weeks and still have burning mouth and tongue and stones that sting when they come up and make me salivate. All this even though I have followed the LPR diet to a T, taken medicine same time every day and elevate head of bed at night.  I have always been a very healthy eater, exercise, not overweight and have never had one episode of even heart burn.  Is it possible that I have a hiatial hernia from the excessive coughing protruding through my esophagus?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem