GERD (Acid Reflux) Forum

Tickle in my throat, nausea, upset stomach?

Hi! Well, I have gastritis and Acid Reflux (AR) and am presently taking Zantac, have been for about two-three weeks. However, for the past couple days, I've been getting repeated symptoms; tickle in my throat, nausea, bitter iron-like taste in the back of my mouth, upset stomach, stomach cramps, AR, and a weird cough that only happens when I feel sick. When I feel like this is mostly either around 2 in the afternoon to anywhere from 8-past 12. Its very unsettling, and though I haven't vomited or had diarrhea, it's still way too uncomfortable. Is this gastritis? The meds? Sometimes I'll take tums or Peptobismol to calm my stomach down, and usually it works. I'm afraid to eat, and I've lost weight over it. I'm already underweight as is, so this can't keep going on. Please, can anyone tell me what this might be or what's really happening? What I can do? I'm going to see if I can talk to my doctor soon.
This is interfering with my life; I can't act like my normal self, and I'm losing sleep over this. I'm so tired, and I really just want my regular guts back. Please and thank you,
9uaga9 ♪
These are symptoms of severe reflux.
Take PPI like prilosec twice a day and Zantac at nighttime.
Try to reduce weight if you are obese. Avoid smoking and alcohol.
Eat at least 2-3 hours prior to going to bed.
Avoid cola, citrus and spicy food.
Keep your head elevated while sleeping.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem