Aa
A
A
A
Close
GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
3.15k Members

cerebal palsy

My son is born with Cerebal Palsy. He is now 2yrs and just started walking. He has too many on going problems. He has a Gastrotomy button in the stomache. Since Nov07. Before that he had NGTUBE. Was in hospital for Virus. Just found out his Bladder is expending.
Don't know what to do sometimes. He is my 4th child. My 3 girls are fine.
Pls help.
baby2yrs
4 Responses
168348 tn?1379360675
Dealing with GERD alone is a challenge.  I cannot imagine it coupled with Cerebal Palsy as you describe.  I assume it is the weak muscles causing the reflux to continue.  Have you tried different ideas such as weighting down liquids and/or various food combos to help with the distress of the reflux?

What does your Dr suggest?  Are you seeing a Pedi GI?

WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY!

Cheryl
544341 tn?1234992477
Was he diagnosed with reflux? What was he sick with? What is he getting in his feedings?
1323047 tn?1279197519
I think that my only grandson has been born with cerebral palsy, 8 months now, he has bad reflux. I think he has symptoms of cerebal palsy can you help please?
620923 tn?1452919248
Hi we do have a cerebral palsy forum here in MH...and this being a GERD support forum I am unaware of the CP issues...http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Cerebral-Palsy/show/197

I pray u find answers on the CP and if u have direct GERD/reflux questions I am more than willing to help if  I am able.

"selma"
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem