GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

gas, pain, attacks

I started out with a sore throat, headache,, gas, nausea, back pain upper right side.I thought that I had a severe sore throat. The Dr. prescribed antibiotics(cefuroxime). I felt worse(stomach) and stopped the medication.  I had acid reflux problems three years ago and was on medication,so the Dr. thought it might be acid reflux..He prescribed Nexium(once a day) and Ranitidine (twice a day).  I have been on this medication for a week. I still have bloating and gas attacks with some back pain. I do not associate any of the attacks with eating. In fact sometimes the attacks have occured on an empty stomach. I have a bad taste in my mouth and my throat and chest do feel like they felt when I had reflux problems, but I never had these stomach and gas issues.  I have been eating yogurt for digestive health. I am not overweight and I eat fairly healthy (no fast foods or fried). I was very regular, but it has changed a little since the medication to a little constipation, so I have added more fiber.  I also had a colonoscopy 5 years ago and there were no issues. I have not felt well for three weeks.  Any ideas?
Hi...it is a misconception that u can only get gas from foods...it can be from the lack of food as well.

Is the yogert u r eating something NEW to ur diet? If so , stop it for a while and see if it is affecting u ....mayb u can try something else for fiber.

And u may want to go to an ENT and make sure u do not have post nasal drip...it will cause the sore throat and upset stomach....and gas.

Everyone here will think I am nutz, but how r ur bowel movements...IBS can play apart in this too......the meds u r on may be causing the constipation.....I also have this and when u r off it reeks havic with ur entire system.

Our health pages (icon top right of this page) has info that may be helpful.....please keep us updated as to ur progress!!

"selma"
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem