Aa
A
A
A
Close
GERD (Acid Reflux) Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

gerd and esophagitis

I have chronic gerd and have had a recent endoscopy which showed no precancerous lesions associated with my gerd but have esophagitis.  I want to know what should be done for the esophagitis? I am on prevacid 30mg once daily and take it again if the acid reflux gets bad during the night. I have a chronic gergling sound everytime I breathe when laying down and don't know if that will be a problem down the road also. I am scheduled for a 2 or 3 level fusion in two weeks and wonder if any of these symtoms would cause a problem with that. I am aware of the things it takes to make gerd better ie weight loss, carbonated beverages, eating late, head elevated, etc.
1 Responses
Hi,
You may continue taking prevacid. If there is no response, you can make it twice daily. For night time reflux you may add ranitidine once at night.
If there is still no response, you need to undergo 24 hours pH monitoring for evaluation.
================================================================
The information provided is for patients’ education only and is not a medical advice. Always consult your personal physician for complete evaluation of your health problem.
- Ratnakar Kini M.D.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem