GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

persistent nausea after stomach flu

2 weeks ago I had a stomach flu. Since then I feel nauseous all the time, burping before and especially after meals; when burp I feel acid in my mouth, feeling of tightness in a upper stomach, no pain. I also feel like something is turning around in the esophagus but it doesn't feel like the heartburn would feel after a fatty meal. Please help!

Hi and welcome to the GERD forum.

May I ask were u on ne meds when u had the flu? Ne antibiotics? If so, u may want to try a probiotic and talk to ur Dr about how u r still feeling.

Hi, thank you for your reply.
No, I didn't take any medications when I had a flu. I saw my doctor a couple days ago. He gave me some anti-acid medication to try. So far, there is no change.

The Flu can cause this...and meds alone can always calm the issue....u do need to modify ur diet and lifestyle to aid the meds...and it can take a few weeks depending on how long ur symptoms have been active b4 u got the meds.

Do take a look at the info and tips to help with GERD symptoms..Diet and lifestyle tips... -http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=236
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem