GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

shortness of breath after i eat

can this be acid reflux? about a month ago i had severe chest pains and couldnt breathe i had to call 911 i thought i was dying..this happened twice..i havent had the chest pains anymore but i get short of breath mostly after i eat...ive had a chest xray and an ekg.  I dont get the results until next week and im worried to death that i have throat cancer or lung cancer...i dont have a cough but after i eat i have trouble clearing my throat.  i should tell you also that up until about a month ago i had a bad case of bulimia which has completely stopped i will never do that again i am soooo scared that i have caused irreversable damage.  
HI and welcome to the GERD forum.

It is possible that what u r dealing with is gerd.....it is also possible that the time u were involved with the purging that it could be the reason for ur issues now.

When u vomit, it brings up acids from ur stomach....these acids can do damage to the LES and the UES.....which in turn can cause reflux and heartburn.

I would suggest u see a GI dr and make sure u tell him about ur bulimia.....

There r meds to help repair damage, but u have to follow all instructions from the dr.

"selma"
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem