GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

trouble swallowing food

I've been having trouble swallowing food for 18 months, most daily when I eat a couple of times when i swallow food it sticks and I don't have any other symptoms apart from this. I have had camera down throat and barium swallow. When i had the camera down throat the specialist told me its probably swelling i have near the tonsil area and it will go away in years.

I went to two doctors afterwards and one doctor told me it was probably muscle spasms and the other said anxiety because i do have a fear of choking and i have social anxiety. I did go on acid reflux tablets but they didnt help and i went on them for only 2 weeks and i dont think i took them everyday, i think there were some days i missed. I dont have any other sysmtoms apart from trouble swallowing. Do you think i should try acid reflux tablets again. I  just wondered what you think.

Hi....stress and anxiety will cause reflux issues, and it is possible for reflux to affect ur swallowing.

Meds for this take time to show benefits, 2 weeks and not taken everyday will not be a fair way to say they did not help...u need to take as directed and give it time.

In addition to taking the meds, u really should also modify ur diet  and lifestyle..read the article attached to the link I am adding for tips on foods to avoid and ways u can make changes to help urself feel better.

http://www.medhelp.org/gerd/articles/What-is-Heartburn/247

Keep u s posted on ur progress

"selma"
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem