Aa
MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1943695 tn?1324041042

2 days after surgery

Hi, my name is Mackenzie. I am 15, 5 feet 3.5 inches, and weigh 102 pounds. I am a relatively healthy person and I play tennis, I recently had my Gallbladder removed two days ago, and was wondering if anyone had any incite on what my dietary restrictions should be.  
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
fyi: i had issues with dairy products for about about 3 months after but after that no issues what so ever.... hope this helps otherwise i ate pretty much what i normally did before the surgery
Helpful - 0
Hello I'm new to this site im 26yr old female i had my gallbladder removed less then 3weeks ago i noticed you are having some symptoms i recently developed such as mood swings and short temper i thought I was the only one who felt like this
Helpful - 0
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello and hope you are doing well.

After gall bladder removal it may take upto 24 to 48 hrs to get the bowel movements back. Based on which oral diet is slowly resumed based on tolerance. It's started with clear fluids, soft solid diet and then normal diet. Avoid all fatty food as gall bladder removal can cause fatty food intolerance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gallbladder Community

Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem