Aa
A
A
A
Close
Gallbladder Community
1.02k Members

Biliary dyskinesia with a rate of 20%

I have been having serious pain in the upper right abdominal area with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea and a constant fullness in my stomach, sometimes I am sweating and have indigestion with it (burping is constant though). After several weeks I went to my regular doctor in bad pain. She first check for H pylori which was negative and then scheduled me for an ultrasound to check for gallstones also negative. She prescribed me with meds for indigestion and gerd and nausea - no help and back to the doctor a few weeks later. Now the set me up for a HIDA scan. It comes back at 20% but still no stones even after a repeat ultrasound. I get a diagnoses of Biliary dyskinesia, probably associated from my vasulities and Lupus.

Appointment with the surgeon and he says it must come out but it may not help all my symptoms and many could remain and possible more surgeries on my sphincter of Oddi (don't even know what that is).

Just want to know if anyone can explain more to me about all this
1 Responses
OMG this is me and the GI DR I went to said he didn't want to take it out. I had already met with a surgeon and he wanted a second opinion. mine is functioning at 8%. I am at a loss and want to get a second opinion.Cant wait to here what happens
Have an Answer?
Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem