Symptoms AFTER Gallbladder removal?

I couldnt wait to have my gallbladder out because of all the weird pains and aches it caused.  Now that its out and I am just four days post-op I have been having some sensations that I believed were gallbladder related pains.  I thought they would be gone once the gallbladder was out. Is this normal?  
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The pain could be due to post surgical inflammation. With time this should resolve. However, if you develop fever or jaundice or worsening pain, consult your doctor to rule out an infection or a block in the bile duct.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you so much for your reply.  
Hi There,

As was said above, it could be inflammation from the surgery.....give things a few weeks to heal before you start to worry too much.

There are other causes of pain in the URQ (upper right quadrant) of the abdomen.....for me, I have discovered that getting my gallbladder removed (albeit it was very inflamed at the time with a few stones) did not help with my pain....I have been diagnosed recently with Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction, and have actually got a narrow bile duct, so when the sphincter at the base of the bile ducts spasms shut, things back up and cause a lot of pain.....
I hope that this is not the case for you.....and that your pain decreases as you heal

Warmest Regards
Sarsi
Oh my! Sarsi,
I have been diagnosed with Biliary Dyskinesia and have a 3.3mm Polyp on the interior wall of my gallbladder. I have had numerous Blood tests, Stool Tests, Abdominal Ultasound, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy (EGD with biopsies),and Flexible Sigmoscopy with biopsies and a Biliary Scan with CCK. Everything has came back normal except for the polyp showing with the Abdominal Ultrasound and the biliary scan with CCK showing 36% EF and I had constant Gallbladder attck pains with the CCK injection. I am scheduled to have my GB removed May 25, 2012 and I pray that I don't find what you found after GB removal. Is there anything they can do to correct your problem? or do you just have to live with it?