Gallbladder Community

abscess drained

After major gallbladder surgery, 3 times size,infected, e-coli, after 7 days sent home even with constant low grade fever. 12 days home with low grade/high grade fever called Surgeon had Ct scan revealed 5.5x3.5x4.5 cm gallbladder e-coli fossa abscess. Interventional radiologist placed a french drain while i was under conscious sedation during CT Scan. Released after 4 days of Flagyl & Cipro. Home drainage was recorded at over 1000cc to 2000cc of brown liquid. Surgeon scheduled ERCP with Gastroenterologist 8 days after placement of drain. During procedure at the point of my small intestine the pigtail catheter is discovered having entered thru the duodenal wall. The Drain bag was shut off tubing and mechanical stuff left outside my abdomen. So now I am walking around with tubing in my small intestine after 4 weeks they want to remove it. I don't know how this will be done or what checks will be done to make sure hole closes. Please any opinions or comments would be appreciated. I am scared. It was even mentioned to remove it in Doctors office!  
COMMUNITY LEADER

after 4 weeks they want to remove it. I don't know how this will be done or what checks will be done to make sure hole closes. Please any opinions or comments would be appreciated. I am scared. It was even mentioned to remove it in Doctors office!  

Am sorry I don't know anything about this but do feel for you ... hoping that others may be able to stop by with some advice.  You may want to post on one of our expert forums, too where a physician will answer your ? and you'll get some good info, along with your own doctor's too!

Keep us posted!

C~