Bllod in stool...worried !

Hi !
Im a male of 40 years old. 3 weeks ago i’ve consulted my doctor about abdominal and back pain and because smelly fart. My abdominal pain is vague and moving. I pass more gaz than usual and they smell very bad. he made me do some blood test (to check the liver function, total blood count) ad pee test to check for kidney problem and a abdominal xray. He also told me to do a fecal blood test.

He call me back to day to tell me that all my blood and pee test were perfectly normal and that xray was normal too. He then ask me if I got some  hemorrhoids which I don’t. he then told me that me stool test came back positive so that I,ve got blood in my feces.

He told me not to worry that that test often came back positive and that most of the time is nothing major (diverticulis, inner hemorrhoids, anal fisuure..). He told me that the protocol is to make me do a colonoscopy and that the wait coulf be 2 or 3 months.

Of course i’m afraid of cancer (blood in the stool isn’t not something normal), and from what I’ve read normal blood test doesn’t rules out cancer. The wait is so long (thanks to our wonderfull canadian health system).