Gastric Cancer Community
115 Members

Extreme anxiety regarding bowel cancer.

(I initially posted this under anxiety, but i think this board will of more help)
I'm a 25 yo guy. I've been on gastric meds (PPIs) for about 7~8 years now. I am overweight for my height, by about 12 kgs, and am losing weight very slowly. I visit my gastro once every 5~6 months. Recently though my bowel problems got a little worse than usual, as in my stomach seems more sensitive to outside food. I had very little darkish blood in my stool twice. I told my gastro and he said its fine, unless it occurs frequently, in which case he will order a sigmoidoscopy. What has gotten me so worked up recently is that, for about 2~3 weeks now i have a dull ache in my left neck/shoulder region, which radiates all the way to my inner elbow. It got better for a while and now its gotten worse again. I told my gastro about this, and he said its not related wihthout checking my glands. Being anxious I googled, and found that left neck / clavicular lymph node swell is a sure shot sign of advanced bowel cancer. I tried to examine my supraclavicular lymph nodes, but couldnt be sure if they are swollen or not. But now the pain has gotten worse. It might be due to my anxiety or me checking my lymph nodes by myself. Also, I have a little cough lately. And today there was a tittle reddish/brownish sputum once. This has gotten me even more worked up. Please advice. Is this just my anxiety ? or do i need to go see another doctor ? My mind is fixated on the fact that i have bowel cancer that has spread to my lungs and causing my left supraclavicular lymph node to swell, which is causing the neck/shoulder/arm pain.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.
Could you benefit from this alternative glucose testing method?
They’re one of your most important tools for managing diabetes.