Gastric Cancer Community
115 Members

GIST tumor and gurgling stomach

I had a GIST tumor and 6 inches of my intestine removed in January. I have been on a chemo pill Gleevec 500mg for 2 months and 100mg 2x day of topamax for migraines. The first month of taking the chemo pill I had no major side effects other than nausea right after taking it and a general lack of energy.

I am now experiencing a loud gurgling in my stomach/ intestines. I can feel the air traveling through and it can sometimes be painful. I also rarely have solid bowel movements. They are mostly liquid/mucus/diarrhea. This is also accompanied by nausea and some days vomiting. My oncologist believes this is just a virus going around but I'd like to see if anyone else has an idea.
Been on gleevec 2 years now. No nausea, just REM induced leg and foot cramps. I get minor swelling in lower legs. Other than that, no problems with the Rx.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.
Could you benefit from this alternative glucose testing method?
They’re one of your most important tools for managing diabetes.