Gastric Cancer Community
116 Members

How often should I have an endoscopy

I had one last year and found out I have a hiatal hernia and mild gastrtis.  No h ployri.  But I do have stomach pain and bloating every now and then.   Was told IBS.  But I want to be proactive about my health so it doesnt turn into something serious.  Is getting an endoscopy necessary every year.
About 10 years ago i had Endoscopy for Coeliac Disease and i was told to be checked every yr until things settled
I have atrophic gastritis and intestinal metaplasia, personal history of colorectal cancer.  My GI doctor checks me with endoscopy every 2 years.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize