Gastric Cancer Community
116 Members

Looking for an interpretation of gastric biopsy

I'm looking to understand the medical jargon of my gastric biopsy.  It states: "Benign fragments of villous small bowel and polypoid gastric type
glandular mucosa with edema and focal reactive epithelial changes."

I would greatly appreciate any information you could provide me.
Results showed  benign fragments of the sample taken  with some swelling  and changes in the epithilium, or the layer of cells in the stomach. For proper evaluation of the biopsy result, it is best that you discuss the result with your attending physician. Additional factors such as the symptoms, medical history and results of other tests are important considerations also. Take care and do keep us posted.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.