Gastroenterology Community

Abdominal/stomach cramps, Nausea

I hope someone can help me

Approximately 2 months ago I was getting slight indigestion. I saw my doctor and he prescribed some somac. This reduced my heartburn however I was still getting symptoms of nausea. Throughout the day I would be constantly belchin (burping) hours after Ive eaten. I also experience symptoms of belching when I get up early in the morning. It got to a point where after a week I was having problems eating. While eating my nausea got worse and would stop me from eating. My symptoms led on to stomach cramps, upper / lower abdominal cramps/pain, gas,  bowels rumbling, slight chills, loss of appetite etc. During this 2 month period I also experienced slight diarrhea, also change in color in my stools from green to nomral brown which went away. However I do notice that my stools seem to be slightly loose or greasy. I had blood tests done to see if I had an infection/virus and for celiac disease and the results turned out to be negative. Ive also had an ultrasound test on my upper abdomin (for any trace of gall stones etc) but nothing was found. Lat week I had an Gastroscopy done and nothin was found except slight inflamation near the stomach valve as I was having heartburn for the last 2 months.
Today I saw my doctor and he has no idea what I have and believes that my lower abdominal cramps could be Irritable bowel syndrome and prescribed some medication.

During this period I have lost weight approximately 7kg and Im feeling very weak and Im really concerned.
I asked whether I should do any more tests but just ignored my question. My doctor suggested to me that I should eat small portions that which should reduce indigestion, however I get nausea if I drink a glass of water in the morning on an empty stomach. I also asked my doctor whether I could have tests done for Giardia (a parasite) since my friend was disgnosed a few months ago and had similar symptoms, but he disagrees that I have that

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what I could have or what other tests should I do?
Any help would be appreciated

I'm sorry hun, but welcome to my world. The doctors not listening. I have GERD, IBS, and a sluggish gallbladder. I had an upper GI (EGD) done and they tested for that paracite as well as h. pylori. Both of which came back negative. I have belching, loads. Gas pain, gas in general. Heartburn. Abd pain. Nausea. It's terrible. I have a SLEW of GI meds in my medicine cabinet. Like I told my MD yesterday, I HATE taking all these meds...but like you even just water bothers me.

Until someone figures something out...I've been taking prescribed prilosec 20mg a day. Zantac over the counter when the heartburn gets real bad. Just an FYI, both of these medications cause increased gas. For me, especially the zantac. I have phenergan for the days the nausea is REAL bad...The side effect from that is constipation which in turn can cause cramping. I don't take this often.  I'm already on a calcium channel blocker for my heart palpations...I understand this helps with some GI issues as well....spasms and whatnot.

Also, if you loose weight too fast, it can affect your gallbladder. But what can you do? If you're too sick to eat, you can't eat. I was for awhile only eating pedilite (baby gatorade), jello, and broth. It's all I could eat without GI upset.

The foods I have to avoid: alcohol, caffinated (coffee), carbonated drinks (soothing for some, not me), spicy foods, at times fruit juices, fatty foods, nuts, beans....

Hope this helps some,

Ash

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem