Gastroenterology Community

Acromegaly - severe bloating during meals

I have recently been diagnosed with acromegaly. I had my pitutitary tumor removed 3 weeks ago. I am now going to try to find out what this disease has done to my body. For several years now I have had severe bloating with my meals. I believe it to be gas. I also have a mass on my thyroid that I am getting a ct scan of soon. I am thinking the mass is affecting my esophagus(swallowing) and wind pipe. I am hoping that the ct scan will find the answers to my digestive problems. My question is: if my esophagus was not going straight down and in some way obstructed by the mass could it cause the bloating? I have also gained a tire around my abdomen of fat. I do not vomit or have gerd but I do have a full feeling in my chest and feel my esophagus waves from time to time like it is trying to move food. This can last for hours and is mildly uncomfortable. I also have sleep apnea which I believe the mass has something to do with as well. I am not using my cpap since my surgery and still have bloating so the air isn't from that.
I am hoping and anxious to find out how big the thyroid mass and that it is my problem.
I have regular bowel movements but never feel empty, always full. I burp and pass gas a lot.
Any input is welcome.

This discussion is related to severe bloating, distended abdomen.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem