Gastroenterology Community

Any feedback is a GodSend.

Let me start by saying this is not IBS. In Jan. 2010 I flew to FL and my ears didn't pop. As a result pressure built up and I got a sinus infection that lasted almost 3 months. I had never had any sinus problems before (No allergies or sinus infections) A month into this I started getting at least 2 nosebleeds a day varying in severity.  I was on 5 different antibiotics. Less than a week finishing the last round, I got a UTI (which I get at least once a year) that started to spread to my right kidney. Another antibiotic. Less than a month after that, I got a stomach bug or food poisoning and have been out ever since. This year has been hellacious. I am nauseous all the time. My BMs are orange/yellow diarrhea most of the time. I have random pain on both sides of rib cage and lower back into buttocks, had severe bouts of acid reflux, yellow on back of tongue, swollen pale/white tongue. At its worst I can't eat or drink the nausea is so bad, indigestion, I get chills for hours at a time but with no fever that I can tell, and bad headaches. None of these symptoms are relieved by bowel movements and I don't get cramping.  They have diagnosed stomach virus and mesenteric lymphadenitis almost 3 months ago; both of which should “go away within a week on their own”… 2 and a half months ago.  I have been put on 2 other antibiotics. I have had a colonoscopy, endoscope, small bowel follow through, tested negative for Chrons, colitis, H Pyl., Salmonella, Shigella, Chamylobacter, Staphylococcus, Giardia, Cryptospor, C diff., Random blood tests looking for specific things. I'm not gluten intolerant, diabetic, or a hypochondriac. I have never been allergic to anything be it medicine, food or otherwise. No blood pressure problems, never a broken bone and the only surgery I’ve had was to remove wisdom teeth and an ingrown nail.  I have been on probiotics for 2 months in hopes it was just my gut flora imbalanced. I will have a few days where I start feeling better and then with no common trigger I’ll get turned again. Days of relentless nausea, weak, light orange/yellow diarrhea. I’m trying to stay positive but am losing myself slowly to whatever this is.  I really don't like going to the doctors, missing work and driving myself financially into the ground via all these tests. I want my life back but I feel like I'm going to be dumped into the "We don't know what’s wrong - it’s IBS." category. I don't know if the sinus issue is relevant but at this point, it can't hurt to look at a bigger picture. I’m not getting better. Please for the love of God, help me.
OH my goodness!  I feel so bad for you.  It doesnt sound to me like IBS but what caught my attention on this post was it sounded exactly what my 30 year old nephew just went through.  They never did find a diagnosis, sent all his test to the number one dr. in Ohio and he lives in California.  He was put on Prednisone, his bowels they said look like a battlefield.  But they ruled out all things including life threatening  and cancers.  It took 3 months for improvement on the prednisone and now he is all better.
Have you tried a differ dr?
now the nurse is coming out in me..........did they ever do a scan??  you may have a rotten gallbladder??
is your sinus infection gone?  Also thinking you have beed on so many antibiotics that that could have shaken your body right up too.  but the color is what is concerning to me
I'll chime in with Jen on the gallbladder issue, only with a twist.  When you get orange/yellow stool, it can mean not enough bile is getting into the digestive tract.  If you don't get enuff digestive enzymes in your intestines, it makes it real hard for waste to break down.  Bile production can be interfered with by a blockage in one of the ducts, like from the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas.  Now, you said you had an endoscope and small bowel follow-thru, so that should have picked up on that sort of situation.  But you could ask for a scan, as Jen also suggested, or even a simple ultrasound, to see what in the world is going on in your abdomen in general.  Also, if you want to really get in deep, you can get a referral to a larger hospital in a university setting, those docs are the top guys, and have your records forwarded to them for a complete new workup.

By the way, I think you had a ruptured eardrum, which usually heals on its own, but it can cause the nosebleeds you had.  So, in an abundance of caution, you could visit an ear nose throat ENT doc, to make sure that situation is resolved now.  I don't see an ear/ sinus thing connected to your gastro problems, tho, but you could ask him to make sure.
My heart goes out to you.

Jennerfennerbenner makes an excellent point about the gallbladder and I would definitely have that checked if they haven't done that already. Then if you have a gallbladder scan and it comes back OK, I would ask for them to repeat the C.Diff. test and make sure they check for toxin A and toxin B if they can (in addition to the presence of bacteria alone.) The thing is--If they did a rapid C.Diff. test, the chances of having a false negative result are pretty high. In other words, you could have C.Diff. but the test results say you don't.

The other thing I learned recently is that the "bowel evac" preparation for the colonoscopy test, since it throws off the balance of good bacteria in the system, is actually considered to be a risk factor for getting C.Diff. So depending on when you tested negative for C.Diff. and when you had the colonoscopy, I guess it's possible you have C.Diff.

My Mom's stools with C.Diff. were pasty/yellow and then got very green as she got more ill. Mine when I had C.Diff. were pasty yellow and sometimes a little on the light orange side.

Thank you guys so much for your concern. I feel like I'm falling apart. I really do. I'm only 24 years old; I was eating right, exercising and planning a future with my husband. I can't wrap my head around what’s happened to me. I did have the HIDA scan and it came back borderline (30%). But I have no pain and the symptoms aren't triggered by anything I eat or don't eat.I have no gallstones and no inflammation. My Dr. wants to look at my liver function (got the blood drawn for that but no results yet) and tested for Addison’s disease. I go for a gastric emptying on Tuesday. The past week I have had nothing but water-like BMs. I am seeing my women’s clinic now to rule out ovarian cyst problems (developed after Mirena - now removed) and they found a bacterial overgrowth (not yeast) which I have a cream for now (I am OCD whan it comes to cleanliness and have never even had a yeast infection so I hate to put something like that out here but I am desperate).  On top of everything else - for the past month and a half I've felt like I've been getting a UTI because every couple of days or every other day I will alternate between really dark yellow urine and sometimes even in the same day it'll switch to almost clear right back to really dark and there is a slight burning. Here is the catch though - I get UTIs at least once a year and know what they feel like and it never gets to that point of truly painful urination and constant urge to go. But just for a piece a mind I took an Azo home test and sure enough I have white blood cells in my urine but again - the symptoms never fully develop into a UTI that I can recognize.  I just want to curl on my bed and turn off the switch.   Melodramatic I know but a characature of my emotions none the less.
         I have been tested for C.diff but I will ask to be tested for that again. I no longer have the sinus infection (that cleared up early-mid April) followed a week later by a UTI that I went to my right kidney fairly easily.  And I have been taking probiotics in hopes my gut flora was seriously out of balance but nothing has made a difference. I have had an abdominal ultrasound in which everything looked good in size but I have a small cholesteral polyp on my gallbladder, a cyst in my right kidney and they couldn't see my pancreas due to "overlying bowl gas". But my doctor wrote "normal" on the test results and I have to trust him as much as I can. One of the most frustrating symptoms that seem to be getting ignored or written of as acid reflux (which I have NEVER had in my life - not even indigestion) is the yellow/orange coating on the back/mid of my tongue! No matter what I eat - it correlates with a nawing feeling in my chest indicative to acid reflux but medicine doesn't get rid of it. *sighs shaking head* I am truly at the end of my rope. I have tied a big ol' knot and am hanging on for dear sanity's sake but am fast approaching the point of a free fall into God only knows where. I have always been a very driven person and have comforted myself in that with God's help and steady outlook, I can get through the tough times in my life. As long as I know how to go about it. I don't care anymore 'what' this is, just find out and tell me how to manage it or avoid it and I can do it. This is so out of character for me to spill my heart out onto an online anything ... and I thank you all so much for your support and care. It truly touches me. Please keep in contact - I'll keep you all updated. *hugs*
Dear Scarlett,
Oh, if I were 24 again and had all this sickness like you, I'd be freaking out, too.  But hang in, the docs will eventually come up with a diagnosis, and they will make you well.  I want to go over a few things that you have mentioned in your latest post that point to the bile idea I had told you about before.  I also have some tips to deal with being a sick person.  Sorry this will be long, but you got a lot of different things going on.

The dark urine you're having, that is also a sign of bile duct blockage, which a urine or blood test will show if your billirubin count is too high, get retested if you have to.  The yellow-orange coating on your tongue that has been ignored by docs, that is also a rare sign of bile blockage going on, as well as a sign of infection and dehyration, which you mention a variety of bacteria and infection in your body, past and present. The nausea you have is another sign of bile not getting through. I might also mention that since you have cysts on your kidney and gallbladder, could be that you have another one that is causing that bile backup, which a cyst is one of the causes of blockage in a duct.  

The trip to Florida can actually be linked to all this IF you ate food, drink, or like a salad that was contaminated with a bacteria like E. Coli, which will cause Hepatitis A, again you'll get all your symptoms with that, so it will be very interesting to see what your liver function bloodwork shows.  Hep A can show up after a few days, on up to a couple months, which the latter matches up with your timeline on all this, and it can last for six months as an estimate, but most people are vaccinated for Hep A as children.  

I would suggest while the docs are mulling this over, that you eat low fat, but be sure to get your protein (eggs are easiest to digest), and include more fiber by way of oat cereal with sugar and Acidophilus milk, or a wheat sub sandwich or salad, plus good old chicken noodle soup goes down pretty good, and daily drink either a small glass of OJ or V8, and definitely keep up water intake to prevent dehydration.  I hope you are done with all the antibiotics, mainly because some antibiotics can cause Hepatitis, and also if you are taking ANY other kind of drugs, have the prescribing doc review side effects becuz sometimes medicines can cause the exact kind of waste you have..

I also think you could ask your doctor to give you a short-term tranquilizer and a prescription-strength pain killer, to make this whole ordeal easier for you.  I don't like the sound of your desperation, so I think you're entitled to some simple medications to cheer you somewhat, plus stress is very bad for the body.  Keep in mind with pain killers, drink extra water to sidestep constipation, that's what I do, practically every time I'm in the bathroom, I guzzle some H2O.  If they won't give them to you, ask the clerk in the natural food store for either teas or bottled pills of herbs that will calm you and kill pain.  

And kid, just go ahead and declare yourself a sick personage, you are visiting the docs, you are getting tested, and so I think if you have run out of sick days at work, you could ask for an unpaid leave of absence for a few weeks, so you can just sit home and BE SICK, and by making those arrangements, you won't have it hanging over your head.  To make some money in the meantime, you can sell stuff you have on EBAY, the whole thing is done through mail so you don't have to go anywhere.  You can also make a very small amount of money by several on-line type jobs, look around and see can you find something.  

But hon, when people get sick, they sometimes gotta ask for help, just like you have here, and this includes financial assistance like a loan from a close relative, to keep you guys going, maybe catch up some smaller debts while you're at it.  Your husband could even get a second job, which I know he would be GLAD to do SOMETHING to help out, men cannot stand it when their loved one is suffering and they are helpless.  Keep us posted, you are an interesting puzzle, and we all are cheering you on to get well.
GG
Thank you ggreg for your  input. I can't tell you how calming it is to read your advice. I will tell you though - I have practically no painwhat so ever. I truely don't believe this is my gallbladder... No matter what I eat. No pain. The nausea is the biggest and worst symptom in all of this. Before anything else - the nausea.  They didn't see any blockage that I know off in terms of bile ducts and the like...all I can say is that while I know I can't give up..... I am so tired ggreg...so tired.... I am desperate and I hope it is obvious because that is one of the only real emotions I feel now-a-days. Desperation, anger/bitterness, hopeful, crushed and loved. I have to keep myself firm in that I know something isn't right. Like my mom said - "If you don't others to give up on you, you can't give up on yourself." Some days are harder than others. I wish they could just admit me to the hospital and keep me there so they could run the tests they need to run closer together....anyways.... it hasn't been a good night and I just want to sleep. Thank you again...really..thank you..
Oh, Scarlet, what have they done to you!
Bile obstruction doesn't cause pain.  Perhaps you are thinking of gallstones which are made in the gallbladder, they can hurt if they're big enough.  No, bile comes out of the liver, too, just like the gallbladder.  Your gallbladder test was borderline at 30 percent, so I more or less crossed that off.  But bile comes out of the liver, too, which is one reason I was interested to hear what those results might be.  There are several "veins" of little bile ducts that come together inside the liver and empty out into the "common bile duct."  That duct is where the liver excretes its bile, is where the gallbladder empties its bile, and the pancreas releases its various fluids.  If a blockage, usually from a cyst, gets into the common bile duct, OR anywhere in the liver (perhaps caused by temporary hepatitis), then not enough bile will flow down into the small intestine via the common bile duct, and you get that orangey waste product, orangey tongue, and your nausea symptoms, etc.  Bile also breaks down waste, so when that's not doing its job, you'll wind up with draining digestion, just pulls the life right out of a person.  

Oh, you're one sick puppy, to be sure, whatever the problem is, and you know something, I have thought the exact same thing about myself as you on the hospital thing. One time I had diarrhea a half-dozen times daily for six months, I could barely walk, I was just SO sick.  And do you know it took FOREVER to see this specialist, and that one, and this test, and that one, and NOBODY figured me out.  It was ME who done it, I did some research, read some books and articles, and finally realized a medication change had tore up my intestines, so as soon as I got off it, BINGO, I was well.  Of course, to this day, some things I simply cannot eat.  But anyhow, to me, your symptoms seem so obvious, that I cannot understand how come it's taking them so dang long to get you straight.  It's not fair!

I think that liver thing ought to tell the tale.  Just rest up, hon, be sickly now, roll up in those covers and cry.  It's okay.  And just hold onto this thought:  If you feel sick enough like you might pass out, why, check into the ER YOURSELF or call the ambulance.  And if you have to, just push out some of that orangey waste on the hospital gurney, that'll get them to check you in!  Ha!  
GG
      I'm trying to do the same thing in looking for a diagnoses but I don't want to play the 'Cinderella Game' where "if the shoe fits" syndrome and perpetuate the desperate nature in which the doctors already view me.  I truly am trying to be as relative and reasonable about this as I can. The last thing I want is for my doctors to think I spend every waking hour picking through the internet looking for hints and clues.... however true that may be some days.... I don't want them to write me off as a hypochondriac. I thank you again from the bottom of my heart truly, for your communication with me. Its a lonely road indeed. My husband is a wonderful man but he works full time and goes to school full time and our hours never match up so I very rarely get to see him. My mother has been a blessing but she is so upset by all of this as well, I can't talk with her about this because she gets frustrated and refuses to discuss possible outcomes She just shakes her head and says she doesn't know. And while I feel the same way I need support somewhere in the fight to not give up. I know with every malfunctioning cell in my body that something isn't right. You don't go from healthy, eating -in reality- a bit too much ( I had some extra to loose which is why no one is overly concerned about the 30+ pounds I've lost thats put me into my weight bracket) I have stopped taking the prilosec because my tongue was still getting that yellow/orange coating and there was still a slight burning in my throat, but not bad. Either way - I don't think I should take it right now as all it may do is mask a crucial symptom. I find it so ironic that prior to the initial illness in May (vomitting once) I have never experienced any form of indigestion or acid reflux. I went from being fine as best to my knowledge, to this in less than a week if that. As far as a bile blockage somewhere, I'm interested in finding out my results but of course this is a holiday weekend and I have a 6 days work stretch through it - and yesterday was an aweful day for me nausea wise. I am awaiting the results from the liver function, the gastric emptying and the Addisons disease bloodwork. I went to a Patient first about the positive home UTI results and the doctor gave me a round of Bactrim. I asked him "So I do have a UTI?" he told me that my urine looked good but they treat pre-emptively and if a patient presents with symptoms they treat it.... I'm not taking the antibiotics. I 100% believe antibiotics are what did this to me to begin with - I have taken almost 10 rounds of antibiotics since Janurary and have had it!  I suffered constant headaches throughout the sinus issues and those continued after the infection cleared up and I was popping 800miligrams ibprophen almost daily. Those havn't been as bad in the last few months however in the last few weeks I have been getting these localized sharp shooting pains in my head that come on from out of no where and leave just as fast... and while the term "pulling my hair out" typically refers to stress, I have noticed my hair (long, red, thick curly : (   hair)  coming out more and more in the shower, when I brush, on my clothes throughout the day.. Bah *sighs* This is truly insane. Almost laughable in its emcompassing idiocy that I should be in my 'hay-days' of life. How could someone take such a downward spiral in only a few months and no one knows why?
      But just to clearify the main symptoms from the catholicity of bodily changes listed in my posts..... nausea, yellow/orange tongue coating, alternating between pale more formed BMs to yellowish diarhhea/water BMs that can altogether seem semi normal for a day or two right back to either of the previous, discomfort in my upper left stomach area and mid back between my hip area and rib cage but closer to hip, the inability to yawn all the way (they start but I just can't seem to get that full breath 95% of the time), bubbly sounding stomach, constant ear crackling and oh yeah - the nausea.
     I am demading to be seen by my doctor this coming week to discuss where we go from here. This is NOT IBS or stress induced. I am NOT so depressed as to cause my symptoms, my symptoms are making me depressed. Thank you for reading. And again - as soon as I hear any results - I'll post.
Oh yeah and the other constant in all of this - no matter what I eat - all my BMs sink.
So my liver and kidneys are fine. However my c reactive protien is 9.1 and normal is below 3. More blood work to rule out lupus (apparently I havn't been tested for that yet after all...)
Scarlet,
Interesting your liver tests were okay (except the elevated CRP, which is produced in the liver and can indicate a bacterial infection).  I tell you what, next time you see the doc, ask him what your bilirubin results were (they should have done that test).  Then ask him why your urine is so dark, and your yellow diarrhea stinks so much, and you have this endless nausea and lost 30 pounds.  I'm with you, I don't see how a person can go from fine to zero in a matter of days, really.  And I DON'T like it that they threw all those antibiotics at you, which can be one reason why your hair is falling out.  I don't know what's wrong with you either, other than the few things I mentioned and some of the other posters mentioned.

Gosh, I feel for you.  You could try taking an ordinary alka seltzer when your tummy gets uggy.  See can you find some liquid children's vitamins at the drugstore, to keep up your nutrients, and keep that water going down.  Just eat your favorite items, maybe that'll tempt you beyond your nausea.  And keep in mind you might need a referral to a gastro specialist at a hospital in a university setting, perhaps.
GG
As a side note - the BMs 'sink' not 'stink' : )   And the urine is only dark some of the time. It goes back and forth regardless of how much fluid I drink or don't drink. And the BMs aren't always yellowish either. They vary in color as well. I have stopped taking prilosec now for a week and the acid reflux seems to be a lot better (or I'm getting used to a degree of it). I still get the coating on my tongue though. I did the 'spit test' for candida and that only affirmed my saliva isn't normal either (which I could have told anyone who asked - but I don't believe it to be candida) *shakes head*  You know, I was a competative gymnast for over 9 years. Hard core training and strick al-be-it healthy diets and felt great!! I never knew a childhood with long term sickness and maybe thats why I feel so helpless now. But even when I had colds, UTI's and mono I 'felt' strong. I don't with this... There are symtpoms I have had for years that I have written off as normal for me but may have been an indicator of something else. I wrote off flaky dry skin as the house being cold and not lotioning myself all the time. Dry hair as genetics. Weight gain steadily despite excerise and healthy eating to multible forms of birth control. The past half a year or so I will go from fine to raging hungry - I ruled that as my hypoglycemia. Constant infections as being a bit sickly? Thats a stretch because aside from those infections I have never had a broken bone, no allergies, nothing. Anyways. I'm going to go eat some toast. Thank you again for keeping in contact. I check everyday and it makes me feel better seeing a post - it makes me feel like I'm not alone in this.
I'm still feeling ill. Some good days. Thank God for anti-nausea meds. I spoke w/ a surgeon yesterday. One heck of a nice guy. He told me however that he couldn't give me any answers. He told me to have my gallbladder removed was a choice I had to make on my own. He said I wasn't sitting on a time bomb but that if the symptoms were effecting my day to day life - we should remove it.  I realize just how attractive I must sound from the previous post.. *palms face* Anyways. It's a double edged sword for me I think. On one side - when I'm feeling so sick to my stomch and chills.. I would go to the hospital right now if I thought for a moment there was a chance to end this horrible quality of life. But when I'm feeling better - I think to myself... there has got to be a better way. The main symptom is nausea and it is still dragging me down.... My gallbladder may be coming out and I'm terrified of the after effects.... I am so scared of getting worse.
You can do some reading online about how folks do after their gallbladder is removed, but I think they do rather well.  And since it initially came up as 30 percent effective, and since bile comes out of there, that could explain your symptoms.  Plus you have the added benefit of a surgeon who goes in there of being able to see the common bile duct and visualize your liver, too.  But after surgery, you'll get another bunch of antibiotics... when you finish your final round of it, a tip you can try is, for two weeks either drinking Acidophilus milk or Activia yogurt to get the probiotics in you that restore normal flora to the intestines that antibiotics disturb.  Talk to that surgeon again about the good, bad, and ugly of gallbladder removal, so you'll be prepared for it.  My back needs an operation and I absolutely don't want to go there, and wonder if it will make things worse, too, so I know where you're coming from.  But if the docs recommend it, I think I'd give it a go, in hopes that after you recover from the surgery and get adjusted to not having that gland, you will get to feeling worlds better.  Gosh, I hope things work out for you.  I'm sick too, and it drives me right up a wall, so frustrating.
I'm sorry to hear you may have to have surgery. I hope everything works out as it should  whichever choice you make. I appreciate you keeping in touch. It is so nice to have an outside party to speak with about this. I am seriously considereing it but I am afraid, like I said, of getting worse. I understand and acknowledge that I can't know until I do have it removed, but the finality of it is daunting.  My husband will stand behind me no matter what but my mom wants me to have it out if there is even the slightest chance it will make it better. I just have such odd gallbladder symptoms I think.... nausea is the main complaint, gas and bloating, digestive issues and headaches.... Anyways. I don't know if there is anything else to look for. I guess I am praying so hard they find its a parasite - I take a couple pills and will get better... har har har...... Thank you again ggreg and keep me posted on how you are doing with your back. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
The chills mean you are sick, test your temp next time.  you will probably see that you have a high temp.  Go to a GI doctor and have him test for the chrons gene.  My first attacks of chrons were chills.  Then started losing weight.  Loads of antibiotics.  After loads of tests thanks to the GI doc finally had the test for the chrons gene.  It did show that I had then gene.  Finally started on Remicade and after a month or 2 finally got to where I could eat.  Then I got an ut attack that wouldn't go away. After more tests it showed that I had a fistula.  Had to have bowel resection (my chorns was in the small intestine.  Have been in remission since then 7 of 2007.  But the good thing is that I had the fistula which force the bowel resection.  My small intestine close to the illium was just a ball of messed up intestine and they found a small cancer.  I often think what would have happened if not for the fistula, because I was truly feeling better with the Remicade.  The cancer would have been going strong by now.  But instead I am cancer free and my chrons is in remission.  Don't give up and best of luck

Jayne
Unfortunetly I can't offer much help.  I also got sick after a few rounds of antibioticts for an infected piercing (of all things).  That was 2 years, one month and 2 days ago.  though the days from then until now are all a blur since I lost my job and have since moved in with my boyfriends mother (Im now 27)  Before that I was and active and healthy person, I bearly even got colds.  Now I don't recconize myself. I'm just sick, anxious, and depressed.  Not to mention scared because I don't know whats wrong and would give anything to have my "normal" life back.  I don't really ever do the things I love doing anymore

Sounds like you got all the test I did though...,and you've tried probiotics. None of the antinausea meds i've been on have really helped, which is funny because Benadryl works the best for me. I've searched all over the internet, right now I'm wondering if i should by this ebook about having your body being infected by candida, and the simple things you can do to get rid... sounds like a bunch of BS, but you get desperate after awhile as I'm sure you know.

But I do feel mildly better now then when I first came down with ... what ever this is.  Some days I can go out and do things... even spent a week at the beach this summer....but then everything will suddenly come crashing down with out reason and I'll be really sick again for days or months.  So hopefully you won't always feel so bad.  You sound like a much stronger person then I am, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  If you have any questions for me or if I can help in anyway please let me know.  
Thank you all for your comments. I have decided to have the surgery to have my gallbladder out. While I have no pain, I get this fluttering right where my gallbladder is and other times its like there is a rock sitting by my stomach. I pray to God this is the problem but I have to take faith in that they have done a thorough workup on me to rule out anything else. Please pray. I will let you all know when the surgery is.
Scarlet,
I am relieved the docs are going to take that gallbladder out.  Let's hope this will make you feel better soon.  Ask them to give you some written instructions on how to live without a gallbladder, altho it is not particularly problematic for most people.  My grandmother had hers out when she was in her 30s, you would have never known.  After the right amount of time goes by for you to heal up, and yet things do not improve, I think I'd ask those docs to refer you to a university hospital to an expert in gastro problems.  I've already sent up a prayer for you, and I shall think of you during this trying time.  And if the pain killers they give you after the operation aren't enough, don't be shy about complaining.  When you finish up the last round of any antibiotics, get some probiotics in you, either from the health food store in a bottle or from the grocery store via Acidophilus milk or Activia yogurt for two weeks.  All the best, child.
GG
Thank you. I go today at 4:30 pm to speak with the surgeon again. The first time I wasn't convinced and felt I wasn't prepared to make the choice. But after a week or so I'm at the point where I need to look at this objectively. Fact: My gallbladder is not working like it should.  Fact: I have been sick for far too long and everything else diagnostically has been negative/normal (save C reactive protein which very well could be the gallbladder). Fact: Despite being atypical - my symptoms fit. So I have to make that choice. And I pray to God with all that I am that I can move on with my life after this. If I get diarrhea or such, I can always take things to balance it out. There is nothing I can take to make my gallbladder better. *sighs* I am feeling very sick today and it helps in the decision making process.

Goldfishy222 - have you had a HIDA scan w/ CCK injection? Have you had you're thyroid checked. If the anti nausea meds don't help it may not be gastro related. I hope you are feeling better.
Well, I have surgery today at 3:00pm to have my gallbladder removed. Pray this is whats been afflicting me and that I recover quickly. I pray I am one of the lucky ones who can forget they don't have one.
Well - I'm still sick. I am more depressed than I was and no closer to an answer. I hate life right now and no, I am not sick because I am depressed. I am depressed because I am sick and have been for over 6 months..The main issue is still the nausea. I get chills with no fever, over-whelming fatigue and a yellow/orange coating on the back of my tongue despite taking good care of myself.... For the love of God... please please ask anyone...everyone...This is not right....and there has got to be an answer...
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem