Gastroenterology Community

Burning stomach

I have a acidic stomach, but since last week, I started feeling the burning in my upper stomach with bloating and belching. I also feel full right after I eat something. The burning makes me feel as if I have to eat something but then I feel full! I had the most terrible pain in both sides of my stomach during a flight and I had to take Famotidin, but it didn't basically help!
I tend to experience constipation occasionally.
since I am 22, I wonder what the problem is.. is that a gastritis or should I consider more serious problems? My family background indicates Colon tumors , and colon cancer, for my father, my grand mother and one of my aunts.

This discussion is related to Burning Sensation in Stomach.
I've had terrible burning/gnawing sensation in my upper stomach for about 3.5 months.  Tried all different ppis but nothing was working.  I finally went to a GI Specialist who did an uuper endoscopy and Im waiting for the biopsy results.  He did tell me i have BILE REFLUX in my esophogus and stomach and he put me on carafate 4x/day to coat them so they can heal and he has me continuing on 60 Mg Kapidex which is a new PPI for acid reflux.  Finding a "little" relief, but may take time to heal.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem