Gastroenterology Community

Can GERD cause nausea w/o heartburn?

I throw up almost every morning, and sometimes after early meals.  Breakfast is usually out unless I want to run to the bathroom and throw up afterwards.  I recently had a scope and they discovered I have a hiatal hernia.  The doctor diagnosed me with GERD also.  My concern is that I don't have heartburn, and the prilosec doesn't seem to be stopping my vomiting/nausea.  I am only 32 and this has been going on since I was 25.  I had horrible heartburn in my early 20's which went away after taking prilosec for several years.  About 3 years after the end of the heartburn is when the throwing up started.  I also have loose stool, and have to evacuate my bowels several times a day.  Could this be Crohn's?  How do I get my doctor to listen??  Any ideas, or has anyone had any similar problems?  Thanks!! :)
It could be gastroparesis. I have this and I get very nauseated in the morning and after meals. You would have to get a gastric emptying scan to confirm or deny.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem