Gastroenterology Community

Chronic pancreatitis normal emzymies

I have been fighting Chronic Pancreatitis for 5 years ever sence I had my gallbladder out. I have 3 Drs. primarea, Gastro, and ERCP specialist. I have had 5 ERCP,s done with Sphincterotomies done each time and stints put in. this gives me 3-5 months relief. I have had 2 EUS showing abnormalities and scaring in the hed tail and body of pancreas. But it allways comes back, now I have weekly pain. Most of the Pain is on the left side upper rib cage. My question is Drs. allway have me go to the local Hosp. first and there standard test for pancreatitis is a bleed test for high enzymies level I have never had high levels but they know I have chronic pancreatitis. They wont do anything for you enless your levels are high except give you pain killers make you wait for hours and seen you home and have you go to your Drs.Is there other text I can have them do in the Hosp. I also have bladder infections at about the same time as pancreatitis attacks is there a connection and can they do enzymie text like pee text for bladder infections.
My next question is about insurance I have been denied short term disablity because they say hosp. text are normal  and that pain is subjective. even thou I have 3 Drs. with the same findings and specialist test that show these finding. The treatment for chronic pancreatitis is pain meds enzymie replacement Iam on creon 20 and diet, Low fat high fiber. Part of my job is as a corrier driver and it is elegal to drive while taking pain meds. that can I do prove my case to insurance claims. I am not asking for the noon just that I be put on short term disablity and TRW when I have these attacks and have to take pain meds.    
Oh boy, you ARE in between a rock and a hard place.  The next specialist you need to add to the list is a Pain Management physician.  After 5 years, you need some specialized assistance in that area since it doesn't appear to be going away any time soon.  It will also add one more voice to your disability claim.

Two, gather ever scrap of written records from every doctor you have seen for the pancreatitis and anything else dealing with your abdomen.  In order for your claim to go through, you MUST have written documentation.  Simple as that.

Three, get a copy of the full-text version of your short-term and long-term disability policies (unless were talking Social Security Disability here).  Why?  Because...

Four, hire an attorney to work your disability claim for you.  Just like SSD, insurance company, or anything else in life, you need written documentation in order for an attorney to do the best job possible on your behalf.  An attorney will need to scrutinize the fine print of the policy.

You're in for not only a fight for your health here, but a fight for your financial existence.  I hope and pray you don't ever take NO for an answer and can hire the right people to do the job.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem