Chronic severe nausea/dry-heaving

I have had every test under the sun - hidascan, full blood panel, h-pylori, ultrasound, stomach emptying, stomach CT, brain MRI, endoscopy, etc. Everything has come back normal and the gastroenterologist is ready to diagnose me with a stomach migraine. I get frequent bouts of severe nausea which can sometimes lead to dry-heaving, but never actual vomiting. Sometimes this can last for 5 minutes or as long as 2 hours. Also, the dry-heaving can relieve the nausea in some cases.

Any ideas or suggestions????

I'm not a doctor, but every time I get a migraine, which I've been getting for 16 years, I've noticed that during the most severe migraines, I'm very nauseous and even thrown up...which made my migraine so bad, that I had to got o the hospital for pain meds. The only medicine that got rid of my migraine (and the nausea) was Imitrex. I've even gotten the imitrex shot. Have you tried Imitrex?
It's definitely not migraines. I was diagnosed with functional nausea and vomiting syndrome brought on by severe anxiety. Now the key is to convince the short term disability company that doing a neurocognitive test is not a "common" way of diagnosing anxiety.

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem