Gastroenterology Community

Complications post Nissan Fundoplication surgery

Good day

Currently experiencing relatively severe dysphagia, post op, 2months. Recently started on solid foods, but still gets stuck, taking extremely small portions at a time, to chew and swallow. This causes not so much pain as it does severe discomfort when the food gets stuck. On ocassion, having pain in abdomen. acid reflux present.
Is this normal? Would I need to have the reverse wrap? Are there any type of rehabilitative or remedial therapies that could assist in alleviating this problem, before considering drastic measures such as surgery again?

Thank you kindly for dealing with this request.
Micc
I also had the Nissen Fundoplication.........I am 16 mos post op.  I took me a good 6 mos to feel back to normal and be able eat normally.  My doctor told me absolutely no bread, bananas,yogurt for 8 weeks.....I still have a slight difficulty with some breads.  I have had some acid reflux since surgery but nothing like before.   My only complaint is I have left shoulder pain now .......the doctor said it was from the surgery but it has failed to go away.  do you have this??

I dont regret the surgery though....i take no meds for acid reflux now.
Good Luck  Sisterdenny
I AM A 30 YR OLD FEMALE WITH SEVER ACID REFLUX AND A HIATAL HERNIA I AM IN PAIN EVERY DAY I CANT SWALLOW AND ALWAYS FILL LIKE EVERY THING GETS STUCK I HAVNT BEEN ABLE TO EAT 4 2 IN A HALF MONTHS OATMEAL AND SOUP IS WHAT I EAT I HAVE LOST 30 LBS SENCES NOV AND MY DR WANTS ME 2 HAVE THE NISSEN DONE AND I DONT NO IF I WANT 2 SHE SAID ALL BE HER FRIST PAT 2 HAVE IT DONE
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem