MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

DEC2008 Progress throwing up Bile

I have read hundreds of post concerning vomiting bile, post gallbladder removal pain, Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, MRIs, upper and lower GI exams and have yet to see what is causing these similar symptoms. In the past 10 years, has anyone figures this out? Our 22yr old son had his gallbladder removed only to continue this pattern of sickness. EWhat is the final diagnoses. Which facility or reasearch center or Doctor has had any success in treating this disease.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Best of luck with the post gallbladder surgery. My son's  surgery was two years ago and he still has relapses  varying from weekly to a couple weeks apart. The benign tumorsin his gallbladder did not necessitate the removal; it was a knee jerk reaction in that he did not have insurance at the time.Rarely will he go a month without chills, cramping,then vomiting bile in that order. Sometimes after a day he recoups  other time its back to the hospital for rehydration and continued pain medication. He is now addicted to pain meds (with attendent constipation issue)which another doctor monitors. We are continuing further investigation with our doctor. One thing that has been very frustrating are the nonths we wait for scheduled tests. Thank goodness we don't have that Canadian healthcare;) I'll keep the blog abreast as we learn more.
Helpful - 0
I too just had my gall bladder out two months ago.  It was low functioning and at time of removal was inflammed.  it was a three month process to actually pinpoint my problem.  I am still having issues with discomfort on my right side...like there is something in there...like a balloon pressing on everything .  I will have random sharp pains and if I don't sit up straight then I will have pain.  I have no idea.  I don't know if it is serious.
Helpful - 0
when did he have his gallbladder out? i had mine out 2 mths ago. i have to watch what i eat. low fat diet. if he has sod is there meds hes on. i think when we have our GB out we really have to watch what we eat. or there must be other issues going on in the stomach good luck to your son
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem