Gastroenterology Community

Enlarged Liver Connected to Diet?

I'm a 22 year old currently living in Ukraine, so I'm hoping to get some helpful information. I'm used to the doctors back home (USA), and many doctors in Ukraine buy their degrees.

I went to doctor about some lower abdominal pain I had been having, and he suggested that I get an ultrasound of my kidneys and organs in the abdominal area. The ultrasound showed that I have stones (2.5 mm) in both kidneys. My right kidney has a stone of 4 mm. It also showed that the right lobe of my liver is enlarged (135 mm) and that I have biliary engorgement.

As I understand, various types of liver disease are typically characterized by enlargement of the whole liver. No yellowing of the skin, tongue, or eyes. What are these symptoms typical of?

I'm 6 foot tall and 230 pounds (gained 30 pounds in six months). I smoked in the past, but I recently quit. I do drink, and for the past two or three months I've been drinking almost daily (1-2 glasses of red semi-sweet wine). My diet is pretty poor. I thoroughly enjoy sweets, and have been eating them in excess often for the past six months. Could this enlargement be temporary due to my diet and drinking?

I'll grateful for any information. Thanks!
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/enlarged-liver/DS00638/DSECTION=causes

The above link will tell you all the reasons why a person can get an enlarged liver.  At the same web address, there is a menu that will take you to the symptoms and treatments, too.  The Mayo Clinic is a respected hospital that has many branches throughout the United States, but if you contact them via their website or by telephoning, they may be able to refer you to a hospital in the Ukraine or Europe that you could perhaps visit and get quality treatment.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem