MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Excessive Weight Gain After Gallbladder Removal

What Can I Do To Loss Exccess Pounds Of Fat? I'm Only 21 Years Old I'm 5'4" Weighing 249. I've Gained Over 50 Pounds After My Gallbladder Removal A Year And A Half Ago. WHAT CAN I DO???????????
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i%2Bhave%2Balso%2Bhad%2Bgallbladder%2Bsergery%2Band%2Bi%2Bhave%2Bgain%2Ba%2Bgood%2Bbit%2Bof%2Bweight%2Band%2Bi%2Bhave%2Btryed%2Beverything.%2BI%2Bdont%2Bknow%2Bwhat%2Belse%2Bto%2Bdo%2Bi%2Bhad%2Bmy%2Bsergery%2Bwhen%2Bi%2Bwas%2B16%2Bi%2Bam%2Bnow%2B22%2Bnow%2Bi%2Bknow%2Bthat%2Bim%2Bnot%2Bthe%2Bonly%2Bone%2Bout%2Bthere%2Bwith%2Bthis%2Bproblem%2Bi%2Bjust%2Bwish%2Bthat%2Bi%2Bcould%2Bfind%2Ba%2Bway%2Bto%2Bshed%2Ball%2Bof%2Bthese%2Bextra%2Bpounds.
Helpful - 0
I feel your pain. I had my gallbladder taken out about 6years ago and I also gained a lot of weiht and the weight is all in my upper  stomach. I look like I am 5 months preg. I have tried excersising and all kinds of diets, If I do lose any weigh it is from anywere but my stomach. I dont understand the problem either. I wish I had more positive thinking.
Helpful - 0
Well, there are all sorts of philosophies out there on how to lose weight.  What has worked for me in the past is to exercise and cut back on calories, and only weigh once a month, and take a break from the diet at that time for a few days.  Exercise is crucial, you gotta build up slowly, until where you're sweating like crazy and your workout is an hour long... you can mix it up, doing diff kinds of activities.  The ones where you use your legs is the best, like walking and running.  Eat more lean protein and less carbs, fill up with extra water, salads, and eat fresh fruit for snacks.  Watch the TV show "Ruby" to help with motivation.  If you can afford a trainer, they are worth their weight in gold.  Take up dancing, great exercise, and regularly do a sport, like tennis.  It has to be a lifestyle for many months, keep a calendar and get a little pamphlet on how much fat and calories are in foods.  Only drink diet drinks, by the way, regular drinks can ruin a diet.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem