Aa
A
A
A
Close
Gastroenterology Community
31.5k Members

Excessive gas

I'm 65, have Sjogren's Syndrome and have been on Weight Watchers since April 2007.  I do have a high acidic stomach, which I take 30 mg Previced everyday.  Prilosec gave me stomach cramps and diarrhea.  About 3 years ago I began noticing I was haveing more gas than normal.  It has gotten worse in the past 18 months.  It is ordorless but not soundless.  I may just be walking across my class room a fart pops pops out, some small some not so small.  I don't have any bloating are gas pain build up, just unpredictable farts.  This is quiet embarrassing.  I have tried to cut out beans, I use Beano, nothing I have tried has helped.  Do you have any suggestions, my GP didn't.
1 Responses
I too have Sjogren's and was troubled with excessive uncontrollable gas.  After much complaining and an appeal to my insurance company, I am now taking Protonix and cured.  I hope this helps you.  The gas was horrible keeping me home bound.  I dropped my program in church during a quiet moment and...  well, you get the picture.  Good luck.  Don't take no for an answer; insurance companies will "grease the squeeky wheel" so be persistent with them and your doctor.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem