Gastroenterology Community

Flactuence before and after gallbladder surgery

I had problems for years with terrible smelly flactuence.  Excessive to the point of having a non social life.  I was put on meds for IBS, acid reflux etc.I had colonoscopies, and the one that goes down the throat.  After 5 years of this the GI doctor put me on neomycin for 20 days thinking I had a bacterial overgrowth.  ( before this I tryed Activa yogurt, probitic pills etc.)  I was on this for 10 days a got extremely sick.  I ended up in the hospital for 6 days with dehydration from vomiting and diarrea.  After being sick for 6wks and spoke with my general doctor and he suggested a test on the gallbladder function and a AB ultra sound.  The gallbladder ejection refraction rate was only 3%.  I had my gallbladder removed and I felt GREAT for 2 weeks.  Know the third week I'm getting the smelly flactuence back and the belching.  What could be going on and why did I feel so good with no problems for 2 weeks?

This discussion is related to Gas after gall bladder removal.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem