Gastroenterology Community

GERD SYMPTOMS???

Hello, I'm a 21 year old male. After I eat for a while, I feel bloated.  And then I feel like belching because I feel this will relieve the bloating.  And then every once in a while, I get heartburn for a short amount of time.  I was wondering if this is GERD? I was just wondering what else it could be.  Thank you
It could be GERD... it could be a few other things as well, along with garden-variety indigestion.  Do you eat fast?  Slow?  Eat a lot of fatty junk food?  Eat late at night or right before going to bed?  Drink alchohol - particularly beer?  Carbonated beverages?  Ever wake up at night with a vomit-like taste in your mouth?  Have you tried over-the-counter remedies like pepcid or tagamet 30 minutes before eating a meal?  There are a lot of things you can do to help yourself other than trying to belch it away.  A little more info might help us point you in the right direction.  :-)
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem