Gastroenterology Community

Gastric Emptying

I recently had a gastric emptying study and have a few questions I am hoping someone can help me with. I had the four hour test that was checked at time 0, 1, 2, and 4. The overall findings indicate probably normal gastric emptying, but the rate between the 1 and 2 hour point was faster than would be expected. I was unable to eat the whole meal because I felt really sick as I was trying to get it down. I ate about half of the eggs and about half of one of the pieces of toast. Is it important when taking the test that all the food is eaten? What is the significance of emptying slightly too fast? My doctor said everything was normal with the test. My symptoms include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and constipation. I have been taking Miralax so right now I have diarrhea, but the original problem because with severe constipation.

This discussion is related to Gastric Emptying Study.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem