Gastroenterology Community

Gastro Paresis (?) Type 1 Diabetic

One month ago, I became violently ill with diarrhea and vomiting.  All blood/stool tests have come back okay and although I have some gall stones, my doctor doesn't seem to think this is the problem.  I have begun having a couple solid(ish) bowel movements here and there, but I can't go more than 48 hours without vomiting.  If I don't eat food, I feel fine.  

I'm been a type 1 diabetic for 18 years and for a decade of that time, I had diabetic bulimia (purged by not taking insulin).  My blood sugars have been in good control for a year now, but I shudder to think that I've ruined by body because of some vain hope of being thin.  

I have an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy scheduled next week but the more I read, the more I think I do indeed have gastro paresis.  Is there anyone for whom this is a complication of Type 1?  If so, please talk with me.  I'm really scared for my future after reading so many horrific stories.

Thank you,
Jaime
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem