MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

IBS? Please help!

Hi I am a 26 year old female. I have had issues with my stomach and bowels for years, mostly constipation. I changed up my diet and lifestyle about a year ago and my bowels responded positively for the most part. I also obsess over my health and when any little thing is off I freak out. The other day I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I saw some blood on the toilet paper. I wiped again and didn’t find any blood. That immediately made me freak out and ever since that day I’ve been having problems (it happened on Friday). I have been very gassy and feeling trapped gas bubbles in my lower right abdomen. I have also had diarrhea for two days mostly in the mornings. I have major anxiety and so I think it could be from my anxiety in the morning. Today I went three times, 1 was loose stool and the other two were watery. I don’t have pain when I eat nor do I feel nauseous. I also don’t have diarrhea after I eat. I haven’t seen blood in my stool since that day even though I see red things in my stool they look like undigested tomato. I feel like I have IBS but I also fear IBD but my diarrhea isn’t accompanied by pain nor do I have diarrhea always. I am planning to get a blood test and stool test next week. I wanted to know if anyone has experienced this or if anyone has an opinion about it. Could it be something serious? Or is it all in my head? Any response would be appreciated because I’m going crazy right now. Thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem