Gastroenterology Community

Irregula Bowel Movements

Just under a month ago I moved to Florida from Indiana. Ever since I have moved, my stomach has been acting differently. To start off, I have social anxiety, in which I was taking a Wellbutrin XL knock off called Burproprion XL. I had very irregular bowel movements while on the medicine. I went from having a movement 2-3 times a day to 4-5 times a week. This helped with my anxiousness a little bit, but made my stomach hurt every day. Because my stomach was always in a knot, I would take Imodium almost daily. It would almost constipate me so I was assured I wouldn't have to run off while I was at work.

Since I moved to Florida, I have weened off of Buproprion and haven't taken it in a week in a half or so. My movements became more regular finally. But I have now started noticing they are a lot more loose, and smell completely different, and even have more of a different shade of color than usual. A couple times a week when I have looser stool I will take a couple Imodium so I can sleep assured at night.

I am now starting to wonder, since the first regular/loose stool I had in Florida and I took Imodium, is it constipating me, causing a build up inside. And as a result, I am having more frequent loose stools, that also team to have much more fecal matter in them. I am curious if the Imodium is the case, or if it is food or "something in the water." Any help will be fantastic. I would just to be "my normal" once again.

Also I should add that my stomach has been making more growling noises that are leading up to the bowel movements. Not as in I'm hungry, but something else. Sorry If I have put a bad image in your head.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem