Is white foamy saliva an indication of reflux/GERD?

I have been having white foamy saliva for over a month now and my throat has a slight burning sensation in it sometimes. The white saliva seems to be giving my tongue a white coating also. The doctor first thought it was a fungal infection and gave me diflucan (2 150mg pills) and nystatin oral fluid, neither of them did anything at all so i stated to doubt is was a fungal infection since everyone says diflucan is very effective against fungus. My saliva is still white and I am trying to figure out if my saliva and tongue can be related to acid reflux. Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

If you search for "GERD symptoms", you'll find (among other):
- sour, bittery or salty saliva
- water brash

Dehydration alone may cause white foamy saliva, so...see above post.

Im not dehydrated I drink enough water, I dont drool, its just that the saliva I do have is pretty much white.

With that diet I would starve to dealth. I did just eat chinese food for lunch and now im burping constantly, not loud burping or anything but just constant burping.
hi, i had all your symptoms, i went and had tests for helico-bacter-pylori, it came back positive, took medication for it, then had test again for it, it was gone, then the next test was called an endoscopy, where i had a camera go down to my stomach, the infection totally destroyed my stomach linning and the end result was gastritis, massive inflammation, the doc said if i had left it for longer, then stomach cancer was a real possibility. anyway i took ant-acid medication, mainly nexium for about six months, then went back for another endoscopy, stomach was like brand new according to the result.im still on nexium because the doorway to the stomach never fully recovered from the damage that helico-bacter-pylori infection caused. so go and test for it, good luck.
Thanks you very much for that information. How long did you experience symptoms for? I have only had symptoms for a bit over a month now. You also had a whitish tongue as well?
hi again, yes whitish tongue no matter how much i tried to clean it, it stayed, some days less drammatic than others, depended on what i ate the previous night, as for the symptoms, i reckon i had them for years but on a small scale, i only went to the docs because it became intolerable, burning chest, acid reflux,sweating, especially my feet will feel like i stepped in water, now i feel wonderful, its been seven years now. cheers.
Wow thats a long time to have it, hopefully I will have caught it in time so it isnt a major problem. I clean my tongue with a scraper and brush all the time and it just doesnt go away and I assume its because my saliva is white and coats it. I scrape white saliva from it but its right back again as soon as saliva flows onto it.

I appreciate you sharing your experience with this.

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem