Left abdominal pain

10 hours ago I began to have what I believe to be gas pains in my stomach b/c of something I'd eaten. However, the pain has moved from across my abdomen to the left side between my rib cage and pelvis. I have no fever, loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting. It is extremely painful to take a deep breath and the pain is sensitive to the touch. There is a noticable pain while walking and moving. It does not feel like a muscle cramp. When I flex my abs and touch the left abdomen the pain is not noticable. What can it be?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
my son is suffering from a simlar thing. i am confused and baffled. came on straight after eating two bagels. now he has had pain for one week. hurts to stand straight, likes to lie on tummy, tender on the left side. he is 10 years old.

i am frustrated as he is normally a happy healthy boy. aside from the pain i know he will be running around playing at school. has he injured himself?
Helpful - 0
It could be gas, or a virus.  Maybe you sort of pulled a muscle in that area.  Since you have no other symptoms I would give it a bit of time then go to the doctor if it doesn't go away.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem