Gastroenterology Community

Looking for advice about symptoms

I'm a 19 year old male with no personal health history.  Family members have had gallbladder problems and hearth disease.  Over the course about a year, these symptoms have presented themselves:

1.) Chronic bloating and gas -- often following a meal. (with occasional diarrhea.)
    1a.) I feel significantly better if I simply don't eat.
2.) Unexplained fatigue.  I have trouble sleeping for more than 3-4 hours, but am constantly tired.
3.) A restless feeling a joints (elbows and knees). The feeling is so intense, that it wakes me up during the night.

My gastro. performed an Upper GI Endoscopy w/ an ultrasound of the pancreas -- he found signs of mild pancreatitis and my stomach was inflamed.

He took biopsies that ruled out Celiac disease, which a blood test has confirmed
I underwent a sweat test, and Cystic Fibrosis was ruled out.

The same doctor then performed a colonoscopy, and found no abnormalities (awaiting biopsy results)

I have been on Ultrase -- an pancreatic enzyme -- for about a month. They don't seem to be helping, even after an increase in dosage. All they really tend to do is cause extreme nausea. Which, also, wakes me up.

The next step is a video-capsule endoscopy to rule out isolated Crohn's.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Lactose intolerance can cause it, but it is rare for it to make teh joints swell or hurt. Not impossible, but RARE.
Low blood sugar can also cause it. Have you been checked?
The joints may not be connected to the problem and you may simply have restless leg syndrome which can also effect the arms.[an orthopedist would be the one to see]
Also, have they checked your blood for rhematoid arthritis? It can cause these things as well.
Best of luck.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem