Gastroenterology Community

Mild pain in ribcage and watery stool

For the past 3 days I've been having mild shooting pain in the center of my ribcage and upper stomach, followed by frequent and almost uncontrollable watery stools. I drank beet juice to see how quickly things were passing through me, and the juice reemerged about 6 hours later--way sooner than normal. I am vegetarian and a healthy eater, and haven't changed my diet recently. I did eat a fake meat burrito that was cooked on a grill very close to raw chicken and I wonder if he used the raw chicken spatula to scoop up my soy, but I assume salmonella is way worse than this. The onset was also 2 days after the burrito. This is more of an annoyance that anything else, but I have taken about 10 trips to the bathroom today, and my butthole is angry, so I need to figure this out!! Any help is appreciated.

Andi
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem