Gastroenterology Community

Pancreatitis?

Hello. I've been very concerned about possibly having Pancreatitis. I had my gallbladder out almost a year ago, have done some heavy drinking from time to time since then, (was unaware until recently that it could be a bad idea without a gallbladder,) . I've consumed high fat meals from time to time as well. 2 1/2 weeks ago I had to call an ambulance. I had made chicken soup, but without thinking, left the chicken fat in it, (there was a lot,) and I ate a fairly large bowl. I drank one can of beer, (not even the whole thing,) a while after eating. And that was the only alcoholic beverage I'd had in about a month. An hour or two later, I was in agony. I felt like there were bowling balls in my abdomen. Very bloated. It hurt everywhere. I began vomiting and having diarrhea nonstop until the pain was unbearable and I couldn't even move. When the paramedics showed up, I was severely dehydrated. They took my BP and it was 84 over something I can't remember. Very low. I had felt like I was about to black out. They took me to an ER, where I stayed practically the entire night. They took no blood, urine or anything. They didn't even try to find out what was wrong. Since then I often experience pain after eating anything. It feels like I was punched in the diaphragm, like someone knocked the wind out of me and it radiates straight into my back. I've been eating, just much smaller portions at a time, and drinking plenty of water. I was constipated for a while, but managed to have a few very difficult bowel movements, (lots of straining.) They were much like tar in texture, and black. I have lost over 10 pounds within the last 2 1/2 weeks and I can't explain it. The last few days, if I eat anything with fat content, I have diarrhea that is yellow and oily. It looks like greasy droplets on top of the water. I've been feeling faint frequently.. Very weak. Now I'm having rib pain, not sure if it is related. It seems like I keep developing newer symptoms and they all, from what I've read, seem to point to Pancreas. I had bloodwork done on Monday to test Liver function, white blood cell count, and something else I can't remember. I'm still waiting for the results. I'm trying not to worry but I feel like I am withering away. Also, when my doctor pushed on my stomach it was very painful in that area. I feel as though I've forgotten to mention some symptoms, I've had quite a few, but as I said before, as soon as I develop them, I research them, and they've all led me to Pancreas issues. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem