Gastroenterology Community

Pancreatitis

about 4 weeks ago i had to take my mom to the ER because she was suffering from severe stomachache. It turned out to be acute pancreatitis. She was admitted in the hospital and stayed there for 3 weeks. She's been out of the hospital  for 2 days. I am really worried because she looks really tired and she says that she has stomach pain as if it was sored. I wanted to know if these are normal symptoms after an acute pancreatitis ?. i would really appreciate any type of helpful comments because I'm worried about my mom and i hate seeing her in pain. Thanks a lot!!!

This discussion is related to Unknown stomach pain.
Was it said, what was the cause of pancreatitis? Was she nourished through nasoduodenal tube in the hospital? She should avoid fatty and acidic food for a while and she has to drink enough - plain water or tea. With enough I mean the amount which will result in amount of morning urine she usually excretes.

You might want to call the doctor and ask for appropriate diet for her. I believe, if it is "only" soreness now, she should wait few days more and see, if it becomes better or worse.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem