Gastroenterology Community

Peritonitis

Is it normal to be profoundly tired post op ruptured appendix and peritonitis? I have Von Wilbrebrandts disorder and was hospitalized 6 months ago with uncontrolled bleeding from a stomach ulcer. Between the 2 hospitlizations, I had 9 blood transfusions. Surgical repair of the bleeding stomach and a month ago the peritonitis as treated surgically.
I am so tired and seem mentally below par.  My temperature went up to 105.4 with the apppendix episode.

This discussion is related to Pain after removeal of ruptured appendix.

A younger nephew of mine found he was exhausted and tired for several months after a normal appendix removal.

You have been through a lot and peritonitis can be life threatening unless treated promptly.  Also a temperature of 105.4 deg C must be quite a shock to the body.

In my opinion you are not yet 100% cured and you should go back to your surgeon for further help and advice.  He/she has a duty to facilitate your return to perfect health (if possible) and not just to walk away after the physical surgery.

Good luck
Morecambe
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem