Gastroenterology Community

Please help with the report:bile reflux gastritis and esophagitis

Hello, i have problems with my stomach (about 2 month). So, i was at the endoscopy. Doctor did not speak with me so much. I cant correctly translate his report (bad english sorry). But his conclusion was: :bile reflux gastritis and esophagitis . He sad to me, that i have something like chemical inflammation of stomach. He did not say anything esophagus, but there is writen that i have esophagitis .and irritation of whole esophagus (and that is true - trouble with swallowing etc).. He biopsed my stomach and also irregular Z-line. And this really scared me. If you google "irregular Z-line" - you get "barret´s esophagus". I am trying to deal with that.. but i styl read about that... and I am styl looking for same hope.. Doctor did not say anything about Barret. But may be is it his strategy ( - not to scared me). But now, I have read a lot of thing about Barret. And I have special question. Could be Barret diagnosed only from z-line biopsy? Or they should taky more biopsies, if  they have suspicion.  Could be irregular z-line cause only by inflammation (or irritation) or gastritis (in my case- chemical gastritis)? What do you thing?Waiting for results killing me slowly. Thank you so much'!
Hi, barrett's esophagus is an acquired condition resulting from chronic gastroesophageal reflux. Barrett's esophagus is a condition in which columnar cells replace the usual squamous cell. It is a premalignant metaplastic process that typically involves the distal esophagus. Although barrett’s esophagus rarely progresses to adenocarcinoma, the causative factors need to be corrected. And yes a biopsy at the Z line will help to diagnose this condition. Hope your biopsy is negative and good luck. Regards.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem