Aa
A
A
A
Close
Gastroenterology Community
31.5k Members

RUQ painful lump

hi. 41-year-old female here.  I have been experiencing nausea with increasing frequency particularly after eating.  I have also noticed some tender spots on my right side just under my rib cage.  I recently also found a tender lump a bit lower on my right side though still RUQ.  I have been dizzy and recently experienced what I thought was an intestinal virus complete with diarrhea (no vomiting but have come close.)  I have had little appetite.  Despite drinking mostly water, my urine is very dark yellow, almost brown.  My stool has also been very light colored.  I have ni history of GI problems.  There doesn't seem to be much, if any, problems with my stomach.  I also have pain in right flank ares.  The symptoms seem to get worse at night.  I have also noticed bruising on my abdomen in the places where I felt tender lumps.  No fevers.  No lower GI symptoms.  The only thing I have was a recent dx of a renal cyst on my LEFT kidney.  I had also been anemic 10 months ago due to very heavy menstrual bleeding though this seems to be under control with birth control pills.  I also had a positive EBV titer at the same time as the anemia indicating an acute reactivation of a past virus.  Otherwise I am healthy.  Any ideas what the problem could be or what organ might be involved?  Both of my paternal grandparents died of pancreatic cancer.  
1 Responses
hi, the urine obviously is from the kidney cyst, but more importantly you should have a liver function test, this will most likely determine your disorder, if your gp decides to scan your liver then have them also scan your abdomen.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem