Gastroenterology Community

Recurring C Diff in patient with history of Crohn's and colitis

My boyfriend suffered from Crohn's and Colitis and was hospitalized for a year when he was 10. He had an ileostomy and then 4 years later had another surgery to create a J pouch. I think it was around 2 years ago that he had a tooth abscess and was prescribed an antibiotic for it. Since then he has had C Diff 3 times and has been on put on Flagyl and Vancomycin. They seemed to have helped for a short while but the C Diff keeps coming back. He thinks he has it again. He is not able to work because he is so sick. He is in a lot of pain and tired all the time. He uses the washroom about 15 times a day. He is taking Florastore but still no improvement. He has seen multiple doctors and they really don't seem to have any answers for him. He is on social assistance but that's a joke, they only give him $600 a month which is impossible for anyone to live off of. He is frustrated and sick of being sick and no one seems to care or want to help. He is becoming more and more depressed and I'm afraid he is just giving up. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've heard of fecal transfusions having positive results in patients with C diff. Is this available in Canada?
Try this link for infomation on fecal transplantation in Canada: http://www.jinipatelthompson.com/phpBB3/post2654.html

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem