Gastroenterology Community

Recurring Skin Boils

Hello.  I am 19 years old soon to be 20 next month.  I am currently in the US Navy.  Up until a year and a half ago which is when I went to boot camp I never had any problems was rarely sick, a healthy man if you will.  Now a year and a half since boot camp, I find myself getting skin boils or abscess' on my skin in various places.  They do not get much bigger than a dime or nickel in size and usually form a head which I can squeeze the pus out.  After several days, they subside and go away.  It seems like I get one or 2 every month and its very annoying and painful at times.  None of them have been so sever in which they need Lansing I can take care of them on my own, however, I want to know whats going on?  I don't have diabetes, the Navy would have found that out already, what could be the problem what can I do?  I was told by a friend who had a friend with this problem and he said it eventually goes away like a teenager and acne it just runs its course and thats it.  I fear its more severe but I hope for the best.  Along with that I always have itchy skin almost like poison ivy but I know for a face its not that and I have had it for months now itchy skin.  So itchy skin and recurring boils my life is great.  Can anyone help me out?  What can I do????
Anyone in your family with food intolerance issues? Any headaches or extreme fatigue? Changes in bowel habits?
No..not that I know of...I use to get one or 2 boils a month now I have 7 on me 3 on each leg and one on my hip...some are very sore I just wait for them to get a head than I squeeze the puss out...they usually go away in a week or so...I read up on it..it may be a virus in my blood that lies dormit than comes out...it should go away sometime...I suppose i'll just deal with it...
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem